(Scroll all the way to bottom and to your right to register)
Location: Manzanita Lake
Lecture: Lighting and Composition
Field Excursion: Manzanita Lake
7:00 a.m. Welcome at Loomis Plaza
• The camera, a tool for the heart and mind.
• Basic aperture, depth of field, etc.
• Learning to see like an artist: documentation and interpretation.
• Basic principles of composition: visual weight, proportion, perspective, etc.
• Seeing the light: quality and direction of light, color.
• From concept to portfolio: telling a story.
12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Optional Q&A/practice session
5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Photo critiques of images captured during the field excursion
What to Bring
All types of cameras are welcome. Bring plenty of water, backpack, lunch, extra food, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, sunglasses, rain gear for you and gear. Wear sturdy hiking shoes/boots, layers of light and loose clothing. Small folding chair is optional.